This is the third edit of our title sequence, Restrained.
These are the differences made from the second edit to this one. The first thing I did was cut the text so that each piece didn’t fade out before moving onto the next clip, it makes it more dramatic and tense. I also trimmed the end of the last clip so that the hammer doesn’t go down, it leaves the audience to question what happens next. This was mostly about tightening the edit.
I also added Jack and I’s name into the titles, I wasn’t sure what place would be best to add this in but I think it now works well, we will see what our target audience thinks after a focus group, this may still not be the final edit.
Lastly, sound, I added sound effects when the male character first enters and when the hammer is first seen, it adds a dramatic feel to the title sequence. It allows an audience to realise the danger the girl is in.
I also tidied up the edit a bit more by trimming a few clips and moving clips around, I am now excited to see what people think of the new edit.
Responce for our focus group:
Even from the first question we are already seeing that people prefer this edit to the previous one. Its important that we have several edits and get feedback for each one, now we are on our third edit we have been able to improve it a lot.
Our elements seem to all be very equal, theres nothing in particular that we need to focus on in order to improve it.
A few people didn’t like the font but the majority did so, as a group, we decided to keep the same one.
As you can see we got a lot of positive feedback, I am really happy with the outcome of our video, there are now only a few minor changes which have to be made.